This page contains information and resources for parents of children enrolled at HCA.
Working parents can find assistance with child care in our early morning and late afternoon extended care program.
Morning – 6:30 to 8:30am (school start)
Evening – 3:15 (school end) to 6:00 pm
The Extended Care registration form can be downloaded here:
Please submit the completed form to the school office.
What is PTF?
The PTF is a group of parent volunteers dedicated to building and preserving strong community ties between parents, teachers, and staff.
What does PTF do?
The PTF works to provide parents with the opportunity to participate in daily school life through planning and sponsoring special school wide events for all HCA students, assisting in teacher and staff appreciation, and conducting fund raisers that contribute to the growth and success our school.
We sponsor events such as…
- Pizza Lunch
- The Fall Harvest Festival
- The Thanksgiving Feast
- The Christmas Shop
- Spring Fair
- Dress down days (e.g. Silly Sock Day, Crazy Hat Day, and Phillies’ Day)
Why should I get involved?
We believe that strong parental involvement is essential for a successful education and wholesome school environment. Whether coordinating student activities, helping conduct a school fundraiser or assisting in school events, being involved empowers parents and helps students understand the value of the quality, Christ-centered education they receive at HCA.
How can I help?
Every family at HCA is a part of the PTF and is encouraged to serve to some degree as their schedule allows. There are so many opportunities to serve throughout the year that you are sure to find a something that works for your schedule and interests. To learn more about how you can serve, please contact the main school office and ask about PTF.
You may download and view HCA’s policy handbook here:
Re-enrollment for the following school year begins in January. To re-enroll, parents must 1) complete and submit the Re-enrollment Form, 2) pay the re-enrollment deposit, 3) complete and submit the Financial Computation Form, and 4) be current on all other financial obligations at HCA.
You may complete the Re-enrollment Form and pay the re-enrollment deposit online here:
Parents who do not intend to re-enroll must indicate this to school administration as soon as possible. You may communicate this by completing the Online Re-enrollment Form and selecting “not reenrolling” for the grade your child is entering.
Early Re-enrollment Guarantees Your Child’s Seat Next School Year
Current HCA students are guaranteed a seat for the following school year only if they are re-registered by the early re-enrollment deadline in mid-February. Seats will no longer be reserved for current HCA students after that date and open seats may be offered to new families who have been accepted to HCA. Please re-enroll on time to avoid being placed on a waiting list.
To guarantee your child’s seat next school year, you need to do the following by the early re-enrollment deadline:
- Complete and submit the Re-enrollment Form (online or hard-copy),
- Return/upload your signed Financial Computation Schedule form (mailed home),
- Pay the appropriate Re-enrollment Deposit.
- You may pay with debit/credit securely online in the Online Re-enrollment Form.
- You may pay with debit/credit, check, or cash in the school office. Checks can be mailed to the school address.
Re-enroll Early to Save Money
Re-enroll before the end of the Priority Enrollment Period (early re-enrollment) in February to take advantage of a reduced re-enrollment deposit. The re-enrollment deposit increases in March and again in May.
For Children Entering Preschool or Kindergarten, and For New Students, Complete a New Student Application.
If you need to apply for admission for a sibling who is not currently attending HCA or who entering Preschool or Kindergarten, you will need to complete an New Student Application (online or hard-copy). New students from current HCA families will be given preference over new families applying for admission during the Priority Enrollment Period.
If your student is going into 1st through 8th grade and you do not wish to re-enroll at HCA, please indicate this to us a.s.a.p. so we can offer your child’s seat to new incoming applicants.
To do so, complete the Online Re-enrollment Form here. In the “Students” section, under “Grade Entering,” select “not reenrolling.”
If you have any trouble re-enrolling online, please email email@example.com and provide your full name and an explanation of the problem. If you have a question about the paper forms, please call the school office at 215-335-4323.
Students from Kindergarten to 8th grade are required to wear uniforms each school day, unless a special dress day has been designated. While there is nothing “Christian” about a uniform, there are many benefits to providing our students with guidelines for school clothing. The goal of HCA’s uniform policy and dress code is meant to enhance the learning environment and to encourage a common school identity while reinforcing the virtue of modesty.
All components of the daily uniform, except nylon gym athletic pants and jacket, are available at DiGiulio’s Uniforms at 6948 Frankford Avenue (215-335-5512).
There are a number of ways to get involved at HCA. There is no better way to enrich our students’ overall experience at Holmesburg than to participate in the variety of educational and extracurricular opportunities we have going on.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Become an active member of our PTF
- Chaperone class field trips
- Appear as a classroom guest speaker to share professional experience, testimonies, skills and talents
- Coach a team or moderate a club
- Help with student dramatic performances and special events
- Videotape/photograph school events and activities
- Serve in welcoming new families to HCA
Beginning July 1, 2015 all volunteers will be required to obtain clearances every 36 months.
These clearances include:
- Criminal History Record (SP4-164). The current cost is $10. Beginning July 25, 2015 it is free for volunteers only.
- The Child Abuse Clearance (CY113). The current cost is $10. Beginning July 25, 2015 it is free for volunteers only.
- Federal Criminal History Record (FBI Fingerprints) – obtained by submission to PA State Police or FBI. This check may be waived for volunteers who “swear or affirm” in writing that they have resided in PA for 10+ years and have never been convicted of any crime. Ask HCA administration about procedures for completing this clearance.
Ask HCA administration if you need further information about clearance requirements for volunteering at HCA.