More Than Just Day Care
Our preschool program is designed holistically to prepare your child to succeed in grade school. That’s why our preschool faculty are credentialed professionals in Early Childhood Development and are passionate about forming young hearts and minds to be all that God has called them to be.
Laying a Solid Foundation
The aim of our preschool program is twofold:
We strive to equip your little one with the fundamental knowledge and skills he or she will need in order to transition into grade school prepared for fruitful learning. We also want to introduce them to God’s Word, teaching them to trust and follow Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in everything they do. As they move up in grades at HCA, their education will continually build upon this solid foundation.
- Eligible Ages: Children who will have turned 3 or 4 before September 30
- Programs & Dates:
- Academic School Year – September to June
- Half-Day Option – 8:45 AM – 11:30 AM
- School-Day Option – 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM
- Full Day Option – 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Summer Program – late June through mid-August
- Academic School Year – September to June
- Class Sizes: 20 children + Teacher & Class Aide
- Other Requirements:
- Children must be fully potty-trained prior to admission
A Look Inside Our School
A Mother’s Testimonial:
Goals of Preschool
Social & Emotional Development
We encourage children to develop social skills such as self-control and cooperation. Our goal for your child is to develop independence, self-confidence, and a desire for learning, while reaching their God-given potential.
We provide hands-on experiences for children to learn about God’s world. Informal and planned learning activities help to develop their listening, thinking, and speaking skills, along with instruction in language and numbers.
Children are given opportunities to develop their fine motor skills through creative art and hands-on activities. Our facility includes indoor and outdoor play areas for activities that develop general coordination and motor skills. Healthy, nutritious snacks are a regular part of the daily schedule.
We are committed to and excited about introducing your child to Jesus and His love. Bible stories, prayer, Bible memorization, and worship are all part our preschool curriculum. We believe deeply that God’s Word is essential to all of life’s experiences.
The preschool curriculum is The Letter People, which covers the following skills:
- letter recognition
- pre-writing skills and phonics
- math concepts: sorting, patterns, graphing, numbers and value, one less and one more
- social studies
- social development
Our preschool Bible curriculum uses Bible Essentials. This incorporates each letter of the alphabet with Biblical stories and Bible verses.
Daily Activities include:
- indoor/outdoor play (large motors skills)
- arts and crafts
- table games
- pre-writing exercises (small motor skills)
- instructional circle
- social development (centers: blocks, dramatic play, etc.)
The Admissions Process
Call our office at 215-335-4323 to set up a convenient time for you to see the school and meet our teachers and staff.
Complete our Online Application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $40 to submit it for review.
After submitting the application, we will contact you to gather any further information we made need and to see if you have any further questions. This brief interview is simply a time for us to get to know our prospective families and for you to ask any questions you may have.
Once all the above is completed, you will wait to receive notice (by mail or email) of the Admissions Team’s decision regarding your child’s acceptance and, if applicable, further details on preparing to attend HCA.
Tuition & Fees
NOTE: Monthly payment plans are available for Pre-K tuition for families who need to spread out tuition payments.
|Application Fee: $40||Half Day1||School Day2||Full Day3|
|3 Day Week||$1,595||$3,020||$5,380|
|4 Day Week||$1,930||$3,860||$5,900|
|5 Day Week||$2,484||$4,970||$7,040|
- Half-Day preschool runs from 8:45 AM – 11:30 AM
- School-Day preschool runs from 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM
- Full Day preschool runs from 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Multiple Student Discount
- 2 Children – 15% off tuition per student
- 3 Children – 20% off tuition per student
- 4+ Children – 75% off for oldest child, 20% off for the rest
Note: The multiple student discount applies only to K-8 tuition, but children enrolled in preschool do count toward the total number enrolled from the same family. So a family with one child in preschool and one child in kindergarten would be eligible for the 15% discount, but the discount would only apply to the kindergartener’s tuition, not the preschooler’s.
Holmesburg Baptist Church Member Discount
Parent(s) must be a member with regular attendance at the Holmesburg Baptist Church and Sunday school. Members must show a letter from the Church Pastor confirming active Church participation. Members on H.B.C.’s inactive list are not eligible for this deduction.
Preschool HCA Discount
- Full Day Students
- 3 days/week – $75.00 off per month
- 4 days/week – $100.00 off per month
- 5 days/week – $125.00 off per month
- Half- or School-day Students
- 3 days/week – $25.00 off per month
- 4 days/week – $30.00 off per month
- 5 days/week – $35.00 off per month
Kindergarten – 8th Grade HCA Discount
- 25% off tuition per student
Full-Time Ministry Discount (K-8 only)
- 25% off per student
- For pastors of churches or other full-time Christian non-profit workers.
- Granted by board approval only. If eligible, request application from Administration.
Would you like to speak with someone about enrolling your child in Christian Preschool at Holmesburg Christian Academy? Fill out the brief form below, and someone will be in touch shortly to discuss the program with you, and how your child will bloom at HCA.
We take your online privacy very seriously. To learn about what information we and/or other third-parties collect and how it’s used, please read our Privacy Statement.