Hello, Prospective Parents! We’re so glad you are considering sending your children to Holmesburg Christian Academy, and look forward to working with you through the admissions process. We know, applying to a school can be daunting! It may seem like the forms never end. But we’ve tried to simplify the process, and will work personally with you, to help you make it through.
Start Online Application
or see below for forms to print
If at any time you have questions or would like help, or would like a copy of all these documents mailed to you, feel free to call us at (215) 335-4323 during office hours (summer 9am to noon), or email email@example.com.
This the application for grades K-8. If you are applying for the Pre-K program, please use the Pre-K Application.
All of the printed forms for admissions are provided below. If you want to save time and get the process moving more quickly, however, you may use our Online Application.
After you submit the Online Application, we will contact you directly with the necessary next steps.
Step 1: Application
- Complete and sign the Student Application.
- Complete and sign the Financial Computation Schedule.
- Complete and sign the Parent Health Statement.
- Complete and sign the Liability Release and Notice of Binding Arbitration.
- Read the Admissions Policy and Procedures instructions for parents.
- Read the Financial Policy.
- Read and sign the Parent & School Agreement.
- Make copies of your child’s records to send to HCA:
- Academic records (report grades, teacher comments, and standardized test scores) from the last school year as applicable.
- Proof of current immunization and medical records of conditions potentially affecting the health and/or education of the student. Student must have all necessary immunizations before the start of the school year.
- Psychological or educational evaluation, reports, IEPs, and any other records which would potentially relate to the education of the student. Evaluations not shared are grounds for immediate dismissal.
- For students entering 4th-8th grade, we require a Discipline Report to be completed by an administrator at your child’s current school.
- If admitted, we will require official records from your child’s previous school. Please complete the parent part of the Consent for Release form so the previous school can send us that information.
- Include a check or money order for the non-refundable application and testing fees, payable to HCA. Application and testing fee is $120 per student. If you would like to pay by debit or credit card, please contact the school office at (215) 335-4323.
Send all of the completed documents, records, and payment to:
Holmesburg Christian Academy
7927 Frankford Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19136
Alternatively, you can scan and email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you send documents electronically, remember to send a check by mail, or contact the Financial Administrator for payment.)
Part 2: Pastor’s Recommendation
Provide a copy of the Pastor’s Recommendation Form to YOUR pastor, and ask that they send it to the school when completed.
Part 3: Interview
The Academy will contact you to arrange for an interview with the Admissions Committee and for the evaluation exam of the student. Prior to your interview you will receive a Parent and Student Handbook. During the family interview the parent will have opportunity to ask questions of the Admissions Committee and give a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. Parent(s) must appear for the interview with a member(s) of the Admissions Committee or Administrator. Students in grades 4th – 8th will also be interviewed.
Part 4: Testing
All students must take an entrance exam. The entrance exam fee must be paid prior to the exam and is non-refundable.
Part 5: Decision
On receipt of all completed forms and records listed above, the entrance exam of the student, and interview(s), the applicant will be evaluated and considered for admission to the Academy.
The Academy will notify you in writing of acceptance or rejection of the applicant within two weeks of testing.
HCA offers Extended Care, which goes from 6:30 am until school begins and from the end of school until 6:00 pm. You can download the Extended Care Information Sheet and Registration Form.
The School District of Philadelphia provides yellow school bus transportation for 1st through 8th grade for students residing in Philadelphia and meeting SDP requirements. To sign up for bus service, please complete the Bus Transportation Form. Please note, bus transportation cannot be provided for Preschool or Kindergarten students.
HCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, or national origin. Holmesburg Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.