The Homeschool Connection is a hybrid educational program that establishes a partnership between homeschool parents and the school. Parents may choose from a variety of educational offerings and options that meet the needs of their child and their family. We offer academic, spiritual and social support within the framework of a Christ-centered program to assist parents who have chosen the nurturing environment of their home as their child’s main classroom.
What support services and opportunities are available?
- Students join their grade level class for weekly Chapel
- Students and parents join their grade level class on field trips (if space is available)
- Students will take part in the yearly Thanksgiving Feast
- Students will be invited to join their grade level class for special parties
- Parents will receive support from the grade level teacher if needed
- Students will take yearly Assessment Testing (Stanford 10) with grade level class
- Families can participate in PTF events throughout the year
- Eighth Graders who have participated in events during the year may participate in the year-end trip and the Graduation Ceremony. (Students/parents are responsible for costs associated with their participation on field trips and graduation expenses. Assessment Testing is included with the enrollment fee.)
What academic and extra curricular sports opportunities are available?
Students in Kindergarten through 8th grade may enroll in a weekly class of Physical Education, Computers or Art class.
Middle School students who enroll in one or more major course (English, Bible, Math/Algebra, History, and Science) or the equivalent of five peri- ods a week may participate in the Academy’s Athletic Program and Spring Drama production.
How do we enroll in The Homeschool Connection?
All homeschool students must register with H.C.A. Parents are required to complete the application process and sign the Parent and School Agreement. Middle School students who are registering for a Math or Algebra course will be tested prior to acceptance into the class to determine their grade level.
I would like my elementary student to take math (science etc.) at H.C.A. Is this possible?
H.C.A. welcomes the opportunity to help you meet the individual needs of your family. If possible, we will work with you to provide your child with the academic skills and the support you need for your child to succeed. Because every child is special and every family is unique, please contact us to discuss questions of this nature on an individual basis as they apply specifically to you.